Grano/Granite Chippings Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to lay a grano/granite chipping type screed to my kitchen floor, as it will only be about 25mm thick.

I'm struggling to find a supplier of granite chippings. All I find is decorative chipping suppliers.

Is it known by any other name of aggregates ?? Is there another common equivalent ??

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Britflyer,
Look around and see if there are any floor screeding/plastering firms in your area,and ask them for advice/suppliers of materials etc for GRANOLITHIC floor screeding.If your floor screed is only 25mm thick,then you don't want the chip to be too big,even the smaller grano chipings and grano dust mixed, will give you a good floor for your kitchen...A little piece of info----A smooth grano floor surface can be slippery if it gets wet.When we laid them,just before the floor began to go off,we would throw on some CARBORUNDUM DUST,(a handfull sprinkled as you go)and rubbed in with a wooden float(plastic nowadays) and troweled up,to give it a non-slip surface.You might want to consider that too.

Roughcaster.

I was using grano 5mm to dust benching storm drains awhile back saw the site agent today and he told me
they got it from Travis Perkins, I think they were 25k bags.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back