Grant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a grant outdoor vortex combi 26 inherited when I bought the house. This boiler was new in 2009.
I have now renovated and want the boiler inside the utility, not outside.
I have spoken to Grant who state that the unit can be positioned inside once it has been provided with new bits.

So;
should I re-use this boiler or would it be best to purchase a new unit? has anyone actually re-positioned a unit such as this and how did you get on?
2nd hand market for the used unit?

Sponsored Links
The new bits presumably are a case and a flue kit. How much have you been quoted for the parts? How does this compare with a new boiler? Take this into account with the fact it is a 5 yr old boiler, and the general condition which we do not know and do the maths.

Leave it outside. Best place for it.

The only real difference is it will need a new flue.

If I were moving inside, I wouldn't want an exterior casing in my utility.
2nd hand value is zilch unless you find a mug on flebay.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies.

I think that answer is a new boiler. Whilst I am perfectly happy with performance of the grant outside unit, I have a preference (and now the space) for inside unit.

Anyone interested in a 5 year old exterior boiler?

stephan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back