Grant combi 90 outdoor boiler module Mk II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have noticed that there is a little outlet valve at the bottom of our boiler from which water is coming out and has made quite a puddle on the ground, so it could have been happening for a while. Sometimes the water just drips and at other times it comes out a little faster. The central heating and hot water are working a treat. Any ideas as to which there is water coming out. I am guessing it is some kind of overflow valve. Forgive me for being so thick about this!

Sponsored Links
This'll get moved to pluming/heating mate but that sounds like condensate, is there a white pipe near it not connected to anything?

This water needs to run into a drain or through a neutraliser before going to the ground :)

This'll get moved to pluming/heating mate but that sounds like condensate, is there a white pipe near it not connected to anything?

This water needs to run into a drain or through a neutraliser before going to the ground :)

Thanks, I realised I have put in wrong place and now resubmitted in plumbing and heating (not had a reply yet!)

I cant see a white pipe, but will get husband to look when he comes home. I think it was just a copper pipe that ran down the front of the boiler, and then fed into a small tube that exited at the bottom of the covering, at the front.

We don't have a drain anywhere close to where the boiler is situated.

sorry to be so thick, but what is a neutraliser, and what is condensate?

Many thanks

This could be either the Condensate or the Pressure release valve pipe.

If it`s the condensate it needs to be piped into a drain or a soakaway.

If it`s the P.R.V. it means it`s passing and should be replaced and the system checked to see if there`s a problem.

Either way you`ll need to get a plumber/heating engineer in.

Sponsored Links
This could be either the Condensate or the Pressure release valve pipe.

If it`s the condensate it needs to be piped into a drain or a soakaway.

If it`s the P.R.V. it means it`s passing and should be replaced and the system checked to see if there`s a problem.

Either way you`ll need to get a plumber/heating engineer in.

Thank you very much for this advice. I have contacted the man who services the boiler and he is coming on Monday. Ii was a little puzzled though when he told me that he "only services the oil boiler, and that if anything is leaking etc I will need to get in a plumber"!

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back