Grant Outdoor combi 26 - leaking flow valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, found a puddle of water next to my outdoor Grant oil combi 26 boiler, took the lid off and found the plastic flow valve on the mains cold water inlet had a tiny crack in it and is spraying water all inside.

Any idea what sort of cost one of these might be to get fitted? or who/where I might get one (I don't have a part number listed in my user manual)

thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Is this the chrome bodied isolation valve, or the All plastic Flow switch?
has the component got an electrical lead going to it?

Is this the chrome bodied isolation valve, or the All plastic Flow switch?
has the component got an electrical lead going to it?

It's the all plastic flow switch - black plastic fitting that screws onto the chrome inlet pipe just after the isolation valve and it does have an electrical cable attached.

I believe this has a paddle that detects flow to ensure there's sufficient water pressure to operate.

Here's the pic, spot the leak!

View media item 49769

They usually cost about £30.

But was the mains power turned off immediately the leak was spotted?

How much further damage has been done to electrical parts?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi, no idea how long it had leaked, certainly a large puddle was formed. Power turned off when spotted. We were using hot water soon before I went outside and noticed so all was working ok till then. The fine jet of mist was spraying away from the electronics and to the rear with no water seen on the front PCB area thankfully.

Quote the boiler model & Serial Number to a heating parts merchant such as Parts Center, they will be able to obtain easily luckily for you the SIKA switch fitted to the Grant does not allow water to track up the cable into the electrics, so all should be fine Switch off the the Fused spur isolator before wiring, as the flow switch is permanetly live ;)

Thanks all, much appreciate the assistance, glad the water was spraying away from the electronics, although a fine mist of water was covering a fair amount of piping and such, I think it missed the electronics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back