Grant outdoor combi 90 NO OIL FEED ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi bare with me my first post. I have an outdoor Grant 90 combi. Unfortunately the oil delivery was late and the tank ran out. Done all the obvious things like check valve is on at the tank but don't seem to be getting oil through. I'm assuming it's gravity fed ( only single line in) so I should get a flow of oil if I disconnect the pipe ?.
If indeed the pipe is blocked can someone give some advice.
Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
If the pipe has any rise at all then it can easily airlock (assuming that the oil delivery driver didn't close the tank valve of course)!
We use an oil syringe to pull it through, but I've got things going before by sucking the pipe end (most distasteful)!
John :)

Thanks John, I thought about sucking it out !!!m the tank is about 100ft away from the house, i'll have a go and let you know cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
The burner is air locked.
There is a pressure test point on the pump. Use an allen key to loosen the
pressure test point and start the burner by pressing the reset button.
You will see oil and bubbles appear. The burner should fire and then screw in the test point.
Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back