Grant Oil Fired External Boiler - Whislting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to the forum as when searching on google for possible fixes to my problem it pointed me to similar threads on here

I have an externally mounted oil fired combi boiler manufactured by Grant.

All heating and hot water works perfectly. But I have a problem where if I use a hot water tap any where in the house when the central heating is on I get a whistling noise from the boiler. The whistling noise appears on initial water flow from the hot tap, but stops once the water it flowing. Then when you turn the tap off the whistling is back and remains constant

If you turn the heating off at the programmer the whistling stops, but then if you turn the heating back on the whistling starts again

The only way to stop it is if you turn the heating off while the tap is running. Then turn the tap off, and then putting the heating back on

No whistling occurs if the heating is on, as long as no tap is used

No whistling occurs if a tap is used while the heating is off

Anyone got any suggestions? Is it something that can repaired DIY?

Many thanks

Adrian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back