Whistling Biasi M96. 24SM/B condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone, I have a Biasi M96 condensing boiler which has recently started whistling really loudly whenever I turn on the hot water at the taps or the shower. I was wondering if anyone has come across this before or help pinpoint the reason for the whistling. The sound is not produced when the heating is on but only when I run the hot taps. I am assuming that this is linked to a valve of some sort within the boiler that controls the flow of water or there is something to do with air flow.

Sponsored Links
If you do a simple test for me then that will enable me to identify the most likely cause.

Turn power to boiler off and see if it still makes the noise.

I also need to know year of boiler or have a photo of the inside lower parts by the pump.

Last four digits of serial number are the month and year.

Tony Glazier

Hi, Thanks for the response. I have done as you asked and powered down boiler and then tried the hot water. This did not make the whistling go away. I have taken a few pics and they are in my gallery under the title BIASI. Also as of yesterday I have also noticed that there is a clanging noise whenever you switch off a running hot water tap suddenly. Its as if there is a loose valve or something along that line in the boiler as that's where the noise emanates from.

Sponsored Links
hi
i no this is a very old post post, but i have the exact same problem with my biasi boiler every time i run a hot tap or the shower a loud whistle sound starts from boiler in spurts and has gradually got worse over last month or so. my boiler is the same as shown in previous posts pictures. just wondered if this post ever had a resolution??
thanks

That is very odd.

I asked him to do the test but then never posted the conclusion.

But have you done that test that I asked for?

Tony Glazier

Hi
Yes I have just turned the boiler off and ran taps/shower and the noise seems to have stopped,,does this help identify the problem??
Thanks

That discounts the problem the OP had.

In your case it leaves a few possibilities. Most gas related.

So when did you last have the boiler properly serviced?

Tony

I have lived in property for 4 years and stupidly the boiler has not been serviced in that time and not even sure when was serviced before I moved so could be well over 4 years but a min of 4.
Seems strange mine is exact same boiler has op photos and has same problem bar when I turned it off,
I spoke to a biasi engineer on phone who said its more than likely a blocked filter on hot water side does the ring true to your self?
What seems to be more strange is it whistles constantly when bathroom hot tap is on but only certain times when kitchen and shower hot taps are running?
Thanks

You have a completely different problem to the OP.

I appreciate that to a layman a similar word used to describe a noise may sound like th same thing but it is not!

Have you heard a boiler knocking?

Does that sound just like the postman knocking?

Or the police knocking?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back