Grant vortex not switching on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help with this problem? On boxing day my Grant Vortex combi 26 shut down it turned out to be the CH PCB which was replaced. Since that was done the boiler will not turn on with the timer I have to turn the store switch off for approx 3-4s then on and after 15s the boiler will fire up with no problem. The DHW is fine and the pressure is just above 1 bar. I did contact Grant and they thought it might be a sticking relay and said to hit the side of the boiler when it is timed on and see if it comes on I did and it didn't. Could this be a faulty PCB? or is it the relay. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Could be a few things if it's an old boiler could be a faulty low pressure switch or a high limit switch
Would be a help to know how old the boiler is.Bob

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply the boiler is about 10 yrs old I have checked the low pressure switch and it is ok have not tried the high limit switch that will be my next port of call. Rod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back