Gravel drive and path, cheapest easiest way to keep gravel contained

Discussion in 'Building' started by darrude, 19 Mar 2021.

1. darrude

darrude

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Morning All,

I have a weird path at the front of our house, at the moment its loose red gravel and loose stones. I'm thinking (from looking at youtube), of just mixing the red stone with cement, and relaying as level as possible? Is this the best option. For a bit of background I recently broke my ankle walking on this, so want it reasonable flat and stable.

I'm put off flagging due to occasional delivery van / us parking on there and cost.

Also seen for where my car is parked, people (american's on youtube) recommending just brushing cement over the gravel and wetting to retain the gravel... good idea of bad idea.

sorry if these questions are stupid I've not got any ground work experience, so comments of, I think id do 'X' in that situation, comments greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Darren.

Attached Files:

2. jeds

jeds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A grid system would be quick and easy. We use Polypipe Gravel Pro a lot and the surface is surprisingly good and solid.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Celeronmanuk

Celeronmanuk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like an awful idea, it'll just break up.

As said, I'd be looking at a grid system if you want to walk or drive on it.

5. darrude

darrude

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks Guys, I thought it sounded to easy when watching the youtube videos, the polypipe pro looks like the way seen a few videos suggesting this.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    Hoggin.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local