Gravel drive and path, cheapest easiest way to keep gravel contained

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I have a weird path at the front of our house, at the moment its loose red gravel and loose stones. I'm thinking (from looking at youtube), of just mixing the red stone with cement, and relaying as level as possible? Is this the best option. For a bit of background I recently broke my ankle walking on this, so want it reasonable flat and stable.

I'm put off flagging due to occasional delivery van / us parking on there and cost.

Also seen for where my car is parked, people (american's on youtube) recommending just brushing cement over the gravel and wetting to retain the gravel... good idea of bad idea.

sorry if these questions are stupid I've not got any ground work experience, so comments of, I think id do 'X' in that situation, comments greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Darren.

Attachments

• drive.jpg
    drive.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 133
  • path.jpg
    path.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
A grid system would be quick and easy. We use Polypipe Gravel Pro a lot and the surface is surprisingly good and solid.

Also seen for where my car is parked, people (american's on youtube) recommending just brushing cement over the gravel and wetting to retain the gravel... good idea of bad idea.

Sounds like an awful idea, it'll just break up.

As said, I'd be looking at a grid system if you want to walk or drive on it.

thanks Guys, I thought it sounded to easy when watching the youtube videos, the polypipe pro looks like the way seen a few videos suggesting this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back