Gravel over grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My "lawn" is not good, it was like this when I purchased the house. The ground is uneven, and the grass is like meadow grass. When it is cut in the summer, it is bald in places. I didnt cut it in the autumn and it is now about 6/9 inch long. I am not a gardener, and feel that it would be easier to gravel it as I have done the front. That was paved, so when it was taken up it was flat and just earth. I put weed supressent fabric down and graveled over.
My question is, can I lay the fabric straight on the grass after cutting it a few times to get it as short as possible, then just gravel it, or do I need to dig up the grass first?
Just want a easy care garden. Its about 7 x 10 mts and am possibly just doing the rear end this yearas thats worst and try to revive the front.
As I said I have a very limited knowledge, or to be honest interest as it is a pain as it is.

Sponsored Links
Weedkiller then Terram or similar under the gravel. Maybe not the professional way but it will work out ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back