Gravel stabiliser help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking at investing approx £3500 to £4000 in a gravel stabiliser supplied by either of the following:-

Core Gravel - http://www.coregravel.co.uk/
-or-
Nida Gravel -http://www.nidagravel.co.uk/

Before I do I wanted to see some reference sites but they seem to be quite hard to come across.

Has anyone had any experience with these Gravel stabiliser systems and if so would you please be kind enough to share (good or bad).

Also, has anyone specific experiences with either of the company's listed above?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Sponsored Links
Our drive is 260m2 do a fair size.

Have you used the products?
Compare it to other products. I've used Agrablock(bought from a cancelled project), its very heavy duty plastic and you lock it together with pegs before infilling. Looking online its about £200exvat for 15sqm.

Few things I liked about the agrablock. The plastic is very rigid(4mm) and heavy. Once you lock it together its extremely strong. Each tile has square segments and each segment corner has round feet to spread the load. You can easily shape or cut it with a jigsaw. I've infilled with 20mm gravel and its fine to drive over with a car.

Its hard to tell but from the links you posted, the stuff you suggested looks very flimsy.

Sponsored Links
Our drive is 260m2 do a fair size.

Have you used the products?
Compare it to other products. I've used Agrablock(bought from a cancelled project), its very heavy duty plastic and you lock it together with pegs before infilling. Looking online its about £200exvat for 15sqm.

Few things I liked about the agrablock. The plastic is very rigid(4mm) and heavy. Once you lock it together its extremely strong. Each tile has square segments and each segment corner has round feet to spread the load. You can easily shape or cut it with a jigsaw. I've infilled with 20mm gravel and its fine to drive over with a car.

Its hard to tell but from the links you posted, the stuff you suggested looks very flimsy.

This looks interesting especially around the strength.

With it being 4mm thick could you see the black top through the gravel?

How much gravel did you put above the top of the grids to Cloak them?

Also did you have to put a membrane down to prevent the weeds? The core gravel one appears to come with it included?

Back