Gravity Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an ideal mexico conventional boiler with pumped central heating and I assume gravity hotwater (no motorised valve, no thermostat on hot water tank). Vented hot water cylinder. We've never really had any problems and I'm not sure we do now - the hot water has always been very hot from the hot water taps which we've always considered a good thing. However we now have a child who will soon start turning on taps and I'd like the water temperature to be less for safety. I assummed the boiler dial controlled this but I've turned it right down to one and the water is still as hot as ever. We're now using the central heating which has not been obviously affected by turning the boiler dial down.

Is this just the way my system is or should I be able to control the hot water temp at the taps? Is it a big job to add a tank thermostat (as my parents have on their system)?

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Blimey, I've just posted my first post with a problem with the same boiler, we get red hot water out the tank as well, with no obvious means of controlling it. Also Our upstairs rads come on with the Water Only option, do you have this problem as well?

You would need to have the system converted to fully pumped, incorporating zone valves or 3 way valve, tank and room thermostat and wiring control center and replacement programmer.

Sponsored Links
OK. Is that a big job? If I got it done would it require a plumber or corgi man?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back