Grazes on car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a few unsightly grazes on my car. They are not full scratches as it has not gone straight thru the paintwork. The colour is a blackish graze kind of mark.

I know nothing about cars and was wondering the best way to fix. Will spraying over be enough or is it a professional job.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
jackpot said:
Have a few unsightly grazes on my car. They are not full scratches as it has not gone straight thru the paintwork. The colour is a blackish graze kind of mark.

I know nothing about cars and was wondering the best way to fix. Will spraying over be enough or is it a professional job.

Thanks

If you spray over scratches you will find it grows because you have to sand between coats to fill the scratch and you will end up spraying the whole panel. So before attempting spraying try polishing out with TCut (Halfords etc). If that is not good enough then its probably a professional respray job to look like new.
Good luck
Astrikor

See if there is a "Chips Away" agent in your area. They visit and spray in small nicks and scratches, I have been very pleased with mine. He usually goes round the whole car and touches up all the little bits of damage in about an hour.

their technique does not involve spraying a whole panel, just the damaged part with a very small airbrush and polishing away the edges before it hardens.

Sponsored Links
I would live with them. This sounds purely cosmetic and if you're keeping the car for a while you might as well use the money for something more worthwhile. Or T Cut (I can't remember parent) have rough colour match products which might suffice.

Back