Car scratched again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am again (see my other post) getting my 2002 Polo scratched by some lovely person/people. I used one of those pens from Asda which take the edge off it but the car has so many marks it just looks vagrant (despite me looking after it) I would pay to have the bodywork repaired but they could just do it all over again.

Is there any other option that will do a better job that isn't £££. I know it's an old car but that isn't the point. I don't want to drive something looking shabby through someone else's choice.

Sponsored Links
Personally I don't find those touch up pens or coloured polishes any use at all.....anyway, the smart repair gang will do what you want and for as much as you want, but there isn't really any cheap way.
John :)

Something like chips away ? I think if I had a safe place to leave it I would invest the money but for now it's money down the drain because they will keep doing it. I will just go over it with the pen for now (I already have one) just to keep the water out as it is down to white. I have never known a time as bad as this for people having their cars scratched. I see it all over the Uk wherever I go. It's terrible.

Thats the sort of firm....many car body shops actually have their own smart repairers on the staff.
Its a problem that makes me sick too, but thankfully its rare up here. Some people just don't give a toss.

Sponsored Links
That is really annoying

You could try letting go for a bit, let them see you don't really care. They will soon get fed up. In the meantime try the in car cameras that are triggered by movement, especially if its in a quiet area? They are on E-Bay for £12-15 and save the video to an SD card.

I know its not the point but, will your insurance cover the cost, if you report it?

Bodywork is expensive, even its its just the hardware you will need to carryout the repair yourself.

I will just go over it with the pen for now and see what happens. One thing for sure, I will never again buy a decent car as long as I live in this house. I will rue the day I didn't buy a house with a private driveway. Yes, might get one of those cameras but not sure scratching would trigger anything.

Personally I don't find those touch up pens or coloured polishes any use at all.....

What's the problem with shop-bought options? My car hasn't been keyed but there are a few little scratches I want to get rid of.

First thing first would be to catch the person.

It will either be a 'kid' or an angry neighbour.

Then make them pay for the repair.

Andy

I used Color Magic polish on a red Sierra with a slightly scratched and faded roof. Worked quite well but it does wear off after a while and need redoing. I found going over the color magic with another coat of regular polish helped.

Sponsored Links
Back