Car scratch repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some waster has decided to key my car (and others) over the last few weeks and caused a lot of damage. They are deep scratches down to the white primer on a VW Polo 2002.

Short of paying loads of money (and why should I) at the bodyshop, what is the best product out there for doing a good job of covering up/filling in ? I have heard about the company "Chips Away" but my friend said they did an appalling job and got her money back.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
chips away are only as good as the person doing the repairs,usually fast track courses get you into these franchises so people are not experienced enough.
I have heard some good and lots of bad reports on them but you would be better off asking around locally for a recommendation

Take a tip - find out which smart repair firm the main dealer uses (and they all do)....some are absolutely brilliant, others hopeless.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Aye, fair comment Andy.....I'm well in with my local dealers though so if I need any work done they let me know when their guy is due.
The local bodyshop also employs a local smart repair guy for run of the mill stuff - his (sign written) van is parked outside.....!
John :)

That's no good to me in Cheshire when it is based in London.

Back