Repair on Dent and Scratches - Good Value?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Chips Away guy quoted the repair of this small dent and scratches at £264 (including VAT - £220 without).

I don't know alot about cars, he said he'll do the whole panel. Is this a good deal?

I have a feeling I might be getting ripped off, because i'm female, but I intend to bargain with the price a little.

Opinions?

Toyota Prius

Sponsored Links
Definitely not a ripoff (metallic paint), give them as long as possible so they're not rushed to finish it. Haggle not, you want them to care.

Are you always so cautious/suspicious................ :D

Definitely not a ripoff (metallic paint), give them as long as possible so they're not rushed to finish it. Haggle not, you want them to care.

Are you always so cautious/suspicious................ :D

Yes, it's my dad's car so I need it to be perfect. I'm worried the guy won't do a good job. I need to set him straight and be firm.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely, a bad paint job is an eyesore, didn't realize it was your dads.

For that sort of damage, I'd whisk the car into a nearby bodyshop, offer cash and see what they say.....you may be pleasantly surprised, and the finish will be perfect.
John :)

I would expect about £300 at a bodyshop for a complete rear bumper repaint and the rear quarter panel. It all depends how good the chips away guy is but personally i would rather take it to the bodyshop.

I've had Chips Away and Dents Away and been very pleased with them.

It is quicker and less disruptive than leaving the car at a bodyshop.

How old is the car? If it's relatively new (say last 5 years), Chipsaway (or similar) might be OK. However, I used a mobile outfit for a much smaller ding in my own car (20 years old) and the paint (also metallic) was so brittle that it cracked when he bashed the dent out. If it's an older car, I think I'd definitely go to a bodyshop. It won't hurt to at least get a quote!

Sponsored Links
Back