Amtico Spacia Scratch repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new Amtico Spacia floor laid on top of "Jumpax Duo" MDF underlay system. As yet, I haven't even received the bill from the fitter - it's that new.

Looks great, but my inlaws were round last night and scratched it by dragging a heavy chair across the surface. This probably affects about four tiles (each 18" square) right in the middle of the floor, where it catches the light from the reflections from the window.

It sticks out like a sore thumb and I definitely want it fixed - even if that means ripping up the whole floor and spending another £1500 to relay a new one!

I have a few spare tiles, but was wondering if there's any product which might be able to "coat" the scratches to make them vanish completely. You can't actually feel the scratches, so they don't have any real depth, but the whitish marks (on black tiles) are about 1/4"-3/8" wide and swirl across the tiles. Alternatively, I just want to make sure that a single tile COULD be replaced and that it wouldn't take a chunk out of the MDF underlay. I know that the fiter used Amtico adhesive.

I need an invisible repair.

best regards,
Guy

Sponsored Links
It sticks out like a sore thumb and I definitely want it fixed - even if that means ripping up the whole floor and spending another £1500 to relay a new one

I'd feel the same. Don't you love in-laws :rolleyes: I'm sure you won't have to rip up the whole floor though. I believe a warm iron (used through a cloth!) might soften the glue enough for them to lift but please don't do this without asking your fitter!

Depending on what adhesive was used will make all the difference to the repair. If pressure sensitive then an easy repair. Normally just lift out tile and drop new in. If normal acrylic then can be more difficult. I would suggest you get the fitter back in.

Guy - before you try anything drastic like lifting tiles attempt a repair using Amtico Floor Dressing.

Sponsored Links
As a Amtico retailer and installer for most of my life.........

These are not scratches in the tile but the P.u. coating which is factory applied, to repair simply use some Amtico floor cleaner with a cloth dampend with hot water a rub / buff the scratches, in most cases these completly disapear. If that fails use Amtioc floor dressing to apply new surface.

P.S. Use felt pads on the legs of the furniture to protect the floor, it's no one's fault but your own if damage occurs and you have followed basic care measures.

Also "Jumpax" although a great product is not garenteed by Amtico as a suitable sub-floor.

These are not scratches in the tile but the P.u. coating which is factory applied, to repair simply use some Amtico floor cleaner with a cloth dampend with hot water a rub / buff the scratches, in most cases these completly disapear. If that fails use Amtioc floor dressing to apply new surface.

P.S. Use felt pads on the legs of the furniture to protect the floor, it's no one's fault but your own if damage occurs and you have followed basic care measures.

Also "Jumpax" although a great product is not garenteed by Amtico as a suitable sub-floor.

Neilcar. I have Amtico Spacia in my hallway, study and cloakroom. Really nice, but it does get cold. We are looking to fit the same Amtico to the kitchen in the near future, what insulation would you recommend fitting under the Amtico (concrete floors)?

Thanks

Thanks
rub/buff with Amtico floor cleaner and hot water has been spot on advice.
We are so pleased with our flooring, worth every penny. It got scratched due to grit getting under the feet of one of our settees. Will lift in future.

:D

You should put felt pads on the feet of heavy furniture that might be moved. You get some in the amtico start kit.
I would try floor dressing remover 1st then put floor dressing on. If you can still see the marks then yes your fitter should beable to remove a few tiles and replace them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back