Mobile car body repair franchises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used one of those mobile car body repair franchises? The ones who'll repair small bumps, scratches, plastic bumper repairs etc?

Reason being, a friend has badly grazed the front bumper of her Polo (green metallic colour coded) front bumper. Gate post jumped out at her she says :oops:

It's her first car and thinks it's the end of the world, and going to cost a fortune to repair :(

Said I'll get info for her.

Anyone had a similar experience
Regards

RR

Sponsored Links
Never used one, but it will only be as good as the panel beater who turns up. Why use mobile, is the car now undrivable? I'd try and use one recommended by friends etc..

Car's driveable. I've used a one-man business and recommended him, but she single, doesn't earn much, and is going through the 'first car - scratched!' blues. :(
She also needs it to travel to work - she's an hourly paid agency care worker - and works night shifts anywhere they want to send her, around North Lancs area.

I've also suggested she live with damage, and repair it when more convenient or when selling it. After all, being made of plastic, it won't rust; and she's bound to pick up more knocks in time. :oops:

Regards

I agree totally, it's only a car at the end of the day, as long as it gets her around, and she may well prang it again whilst gaining a bit of experience.

Sponsored Links
Although some of these guy's are very good it cannot be said that they all are. These outfits are mostly franchises and you don't need to be a panel beater to buy one. They do use some quite ingenious tools and also undergo a small ammount of training, but nothing like a tradesman would.

I agree that although it may upset her, I would overlook it. The car will invariably get the usual shopping trolley and parking dents anyway.

I will stick my neck out here and suggest these dents are inevitable with some women drivers. Don't know if its just me but they seem to look for 4x4's and people carries to park between! Whenever I park at the far end of the carpark my misses always asks if we are getting the bus back!
;) :LOL:

david and julie said:
. .......... Whenever I park at the far end of the carpark my misses always asks if we are getting the bus back!
;) :LOL:

LOL :p I know that feeling, David & Julie. Have you ever found a bay in the middle of a huge car park, not a car in sight? Come back later and found the only other car that's arrived has parked right next to you? Aren't folk funny? :p

Back