Repairing scratches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a newish Peugeot and have stupidly given the car 2 long deep scratches down the driver's side (they're about 3 foot long).

I don't know much about cars but I presume the best approach is to find a body-repair shop in my local area? Is there a way of getting online recommendations for such shops?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
a company such as "chips away" will come to your house (it is a local franchise) and polish out or touch in the scratches. A skilled operator will leave them undetectable. I like to have my cars done every couple of years, they end up looking like new.

Expect to pay in the region of £100 for a visit.

Wash it very clean and leather off before his visit so that the paint surface is very easy to see.

View media item 700
View media item 696
View media item 697
View media item 698
View media item 699

Thanks for that; I was wondering if I should take it to a Peugeot repair shop as it might need covering paint?

If you have too much time and money you can.

The Chips Away people are very good at colour matching and undetectable repairs.

Sponsored Links
I just called them but they don't seem to have anyone in the London area!

Is there anyone else you could recommend?

Thanks.

there are a few companies in that business, but I have only used Chips. I know one company goes round the Halfords branches and does them in the car parks (it takes about an hour to do a car)

I am stunned that Chips have no franchisees in your part of London. Maybe their fees went up and all the local people moved.

Back