Greda 550c shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a Greda 550c shower fitted by a electrician but I have a problem . When I turn my kitchen light on the shower in the bathroom makes a slight bump ,the lights on the front of the shower flash on for a few seconds and the shower omits a bit of water for a few seconds. This does not happen when the shower isolation switch is off

Sponsored Links
Its gone midday now ;) :LOL:

But seriously, get the spark back, it sounds like he's ****ed it up good and proper. If you dont trust him (I wouldnt :confused: ) then we need a description of what he wired this to. Is it an electrically heater shower, or a pumped hot and cold feed shower?

Its gone midday now ;) :LOL:

But seriously, get the spark back, it sounds like he's **** it up good and proper. If you dont trust him (I wouldnt :confused: ) then we need a description of what he wired this to. Is it an electrically heater shower, or a pumped hot and cold feed shower?

Thanks for that.
The electrcian is niceic Approved contractor,NiCEiC demestic installer, The shower has been wired straight back to the cunsumer unit to its own fuse. the shower is a electrical heater type.

Post a picture of your CU.

Is it a split load or dual RCD CU? Are the shower and the kitchen lights on the same RCD? Not that this should matter....

Sponsored Links
The electrcian is niceic Approved contractor,NiCEiC demestic installer,

And I am sure that some of them are good at what they do.

However....

Get him back to sort out his problems. If does not, or can not, then you have redress to NICEIC.

I trust you have an installation certifiacte and the relavent Part P paperwork?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back