Greenhouse concrete foundation advise required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am erecting a 6x10 greenhouse and want a solid foundation so it lasts. I have dug a trench approx 2m x 3m ( measured so big enough) and 25cm wide x 30 cm deep.
I have no experience with foundations or concrete so would value any advice, being a novice I want the simplest options (least chance of messing it up). My specific questions are:

1. Is my trench deep and wide enough?
2. Should I go concrete all the way or something else like a concrete footing foundation + concrete blocks, or hardcore followed by concrete. (pros and cons of each method appreciated - though I'm looking for the easiest option - one man and a spade!)
3. What mix of concrete would be recommended and how do I work out how many bags of what are needed.
4. I've calculated I'll need about 0.75m cubed of concrete (if I do the whole foundation as concrete) do I need to hire a mixer for this volume?
4. Can I pour the concrete directly into the trench (which is more like clay towards the bottom). Or do I require a wooden frame or 'clayboard' inside the trench.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and answer.

Sponsored Links
What about the "floor" inside the structure - why not pour a slab? No heavy foundation would then be required., and you could build off the edge of the slab.
How will the walls be constructed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back