Greenhouse glazing fitting problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've built my greenhouse fame base, greenhouse frames on 4 sides and roof frame with pitch, also my sliding door which is installed after glazing the instructions tell me!

I have an issue, where I started glazing from the roof ends as per instructions and the glass won't fit, I tried adjusting the pitch and managed to get in 1 side but now the opposite side is out. Very frustrating!

My 1st greenhouse is a Simplicity Stafford 5x6 Greenhouse with toughened glass, It's installed on a purpose made patio paving slab base.

I'm thinking rather than keep adjusting bolts and removing bits is actually call an expert, but I am determined to keep going myself!!!

Sponsored Links
Check the greenhouse base for square.....if it isn't, the vertical sides will glaze fine but the roof will be a nightmare :eek:
John :)

Hi John, thanks I will check. Quiet interesting I measured early on when the frame was complete diagonally both ways but I had to make an adjustment during the process maybe this was the issue. I will remove the one roof glaze still up there and then remove the frame and check.

I just went down to my greenhouse and measured diagonally X and both are 240cm inside end to end..............maybe something else?

Sponsored Links
Well, if the diagonals are exact, how flat is the base.....have you bolted it down? If so, slacken off a bit and see if things change.

let me try that.... I have to keep going.....no stopping now! I'll report back!

When I did one many years ago I only slightly tightened the bolts until the glazing was fitted. It allows minor adjustments but it did take 2 people as one was watching other areas whilst the other was glazing. Once everything was fitted it was a case of going round tightening everything up correctly without over tightening.

I made some bolt adjustments and I noticed the sides were not correct, after I changed sides which was the major change and some bolt adjusting, everything worked and all my greenhouse glazing is complete:) rear bottom air vent louve complete as well.

In my roof vent I need to install my auto-vent cylinder to clamp on roof frame but cannot fit auto-vent yet, supplier says that in order to insert cylinder into arm rod more I need to wait for the wax inside to soften to insert more ready for mounting and screwing alignment, they recommended putting in the sun for a few hours, in the garden as we speak!! (bizzare?)

I have one small issue now, the sliding doors are not closing evenly at the bottom together, I guess maybe a slight slope in the patio base or maybe something else?

Tomorrow ground anchors into concrete paving slabs as well.

Nice one, as the glass now fits then everything is as square as it can be.
Regarding the door, isn’t on adjustable rollers from the top? I imagine a fair bit of juggling may be needed to get it perfect!

doh! just had a look and instructions say that, yes that must be it...rushing at the end of the day...will revert tomorrow morning, many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back