Greenstar 2000 Honeywell Home T3R Programmable Wireless Thermostat (Y3H710RF)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, wondered if someone can advice me.

Boiler and Honeywell themostat were fitted last year.

The themostat was switching on and off, we replaced the battery but wasn't still working properly.

Now ordered Honeywell Home T3R Programmable Wireless Thermostat (Y3H710RF) how do we connect it to the boiler. I have added picture of the old themostat. The numbers of the themostat aren't exactly the same. Not sure if the previous one was wired and new one is wireless.

Attachments

• 663599506.jpg
    663599506.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
If the old one was wireless (it might be as it’s got RF in the code) then you can just swap the receiver like for like, possibly even utilising the backplate.

Thermostat can be volt free, 230 volt, 24 volt, even 0 - 60 volt, there is no one fits all.

There are two reasons for a thermostat, one is to actually control room temperature, rather rare now, in the main the wall thermostat is to turn off boiler on warm days to stop it cycling.

To control room temperature it may be analogue connected to boiler ebus, or if digital it may start to switch boiler off/on before the set point to reduce the hysteresis, which is great for an old oil boiler, but will mess up a modern modulating boiler.

In the main room temperature is controlled by the thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) the wall thermostat is either a hub collecting info from the TRV's or placed in an area normally kept cool on lower floor with no alternative heating or outside doors a wall thermostat. Although rarely that simple, so we end up with some sort of lash up.

However how we make it work depends on the boiler installed and the home layout, we have no idea of either, so can't really answer the question.

However how we make it work depends on the boiler installed and the home layout, we have no idea of either, so can't really answer the question.
I think you have the wrong thread. The question was simple.

Sponsored Links
The themostat was switching on and off
That is how most thermostats work.
Honeywell Home T3R Programmable Wireless Thermostat (Y3H710RF)
Clue in part number ending in RF there is a radio frequency link. The installation guide shows
upload_2022-1-15_13-2-11.png
both 230 volt and volt free, depending on boiler used. There is only one wireless thermostat I know about where both the base and remote are battery powered, that is the Nest e, as far as I am aware all others the base needs 230 volt power.

My wall thermostat does not work as I want, however there is nothing wrong with the thermostat, so explain
wasn't still working properly

I think what the OP meant was the display on the thermostat was coming on and going off - had a few go like this now, including a T3R.

The boiler is a worcester greenstar 2000 25kw boiler.

The themostat is a Honeywell Home T3R Programmable Wireless Thermostat.

If we swap the receiver like for like, is it possible utilising the backplate would we need to do any wiring? Is it possible to install ourselves or need to get someone in.

The property is a 2 bedroom flat, boiler is in the kitchen.

The themostat was switching on and off. We thought it was the battery that wad dead. We replaced battery but did not fix the issue.
Hence why the new themostat was purchased. We tried to leave the old reciever but not pairing to the themostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back