Greenstar 30Si fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Greenstar 30si which has started playing up thi morni g. It's our only source of CH and hw. Its in the loft cubbyhole hole and I leant on the side of it. It's now grinding and I can hear bubbles circulating. It was reporting a red, blue, red error. I reset it and now it shows red, red, blue. Tech suporrt are closed. The pilot burner led goes on and off during the start up cycle.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links
To be honest, Im not sure on the codes with a 30si.

It was a bit of a stab in the dark as you maybe in for a 'wait' before you can get a decent independant in to ascertain the fault.

A hairdryer or warm water generally do the trick (not boiling water from the kettle).

Or, if its inaccessible, cut through it so it can drain into a bucket.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, Im not sure on the codes with a 30si.

It was a bit of a stab in the dark as you maybe in for a 'wait' before you can get a decent independant in to ascertain the fault.

A hairdryer or warm water generally do the trick (not boiling water from the kettle).

Or, if its inaccessible, cut through it so it can drain into a bucket.

Mr. W.

Spot on!! Thanks.
Vidal Sasoon has saved the day. About 10" of ice popped out with some gentle heating. A reset later, and all is fine.

Thanks again

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back