Greenstar i24 junior combi resonating vibration sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a house at the start of the year with a greenstar i24 junior combi installed, at the time it wasn't working, got someone in to commission it and look it over, it needed a new pressure expansion vessel and it was leaking from a seal so he sorted that.

The resonating vibration sound is only there when its starting up or shutting down, so when we first turn the heating on, for the first 15 minutes or so its there, it will quickly fade off like something is speeding up and run smooth, then give it an hour or so it will slowly start to creep back.

It does it when using the hot water as well, we can be down stairs in the kitchen using the hot water and you can easily hear the vibration.

Its not a violent vibration sound just very annoying, sounds like a car is right outside the house sometimes.

The boiler does sometimes stop giving out hot water and just go off, could be in the shower and it will just stop, I've checked the pressure and its on 1.5, it only started playing up we when started to use the heating again for this first time this week in a while.

We got the engineer to come back few weeks back and he checked the gas flow and pump setting and said it was spot on, when he was there he could not get the vibration to make an appearance so we left it at that, but now with us using the heating again its started and its really annoying.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you will need an engineer with a flue gas analyser to set up the min rate on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back