Drilling vibrating sound in pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently I have noticed that when I turn the cold water tap on in the kitchen, a continous vibrating drilling type sound is happening. Sometimes the tap itself can be seen vibrating . shaking. When turning the cold water tap off, it stops. Sometimes it happens with hot water tap but not much. Since then the same is happening now in the bathroom upstaits with the basin. When turning on top water tap, loud continous drilling vibrating sound happening. At first I thought could this be water hammer, but to be honest it doesn't sound like water hammer (hydraulic shock). I used to have water hammer many years ago, it makes like a thump noise, but its not that I don't think.

Would anyone know some of the likely reasons why this may be happening. We have lived at the property 7 years, never been an issue. We do have combi boiler.

Thanks.

Dean

Sponsored Links
Possibly pressure related, or a leak somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back