Resonating noise cylinder vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had some rework to our thermal store now theres an issue when the boiler pump starts up theres a weird vibrating resonating noise which starts quiet and builds. If I feel the top vent pipe its vibrating. If I turn off the boiler pump then back on it seems to stop the noise and vibration.

Not nice though at 5.30 am though any ideas what might be? Grundfos pump is about 2 years old thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I'm not helping but I have a similar problem that I've tried to eliminate but after 3weeks it's come back, not as bad quieter than before. It only does it when the boiler fires up and is what I'm calling max flame once the set temp is reached or somewhere near the flame backs off and the noise goes altogether?
I've drained, flushed, had cleaner circulating for 2 weeks, drained and flushed 4 times new circulation pump fitted, refilled with inhibitor and noise reducer has been totally silent since doing the work but I have heard it again the last two days, no where near as bad but its there again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back