boiler pipe vibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a system boiler with heat store (thanks to this forum for telling me that)

When the boiler is fired up, after some time we get an annoying vibration/rattle. I've traced this the where the pipes are close to the floor boards in the spare bedroom. The boiler is under this room in the kitchen and the pipes go up through the ceiling into the rad there and across to the bathroom.

I'm able to stop the noise by pressing on the boiler and/or pressing the pipe at the top - it's enough to stop it vibrating with the floorboard. I can also affect the vibration by standing on the floor in the spare room where the pipes are.

The noise seems to go away by itself eventually, but then once the boiler fires up again (temperature has dipped) it will start up, vibrate again, and a few mins later go away

Any ideas on how to permanently stop this from happening?

Sponsored Links
When the boiler is fired up, after some time we get an annoying vibration/rattle. I've traced this the where the pipes are close to the floor boards in the spare bedroom. The boiler is under this room in the kitchen and the pipes go up through the ceiling into the rad there and across to the bathroom.

Tie it to another pipe, if there is one near. Push some rolled up newspaper between it and the wall. Fix it with a proper pipe clip.

Yeah there are 2 pipes and putting something between helped for a bit but it seems to find a way of coming back. Pipe clips prob best. Worried about clamping pipes together or away from each other might upset a join or seal somewhere but prob being paranoid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back