Greenstar Junior 24i Replacing Thermostat With Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is it possible to replace the timer/thermostat below without opening up the boiler?

Thanks

Mick

image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Hi Mick, not familiar with that thermostat, do you know if it is a wireless RF stat ? is there a receiver box next to the boiler ?

If you are not sure remove the front of that thermostat so I can see the wiring and I will tell you

I'm fairly certain its wired and I can't see a receiver next to boiler.

Sponsored Links
OK do you know if the thermostat has batteries or is it mains powered, if you could remove the front , will be two grooves probably on the underside that you push in with a small screwdiver, sometimes small screws, or if you know the make and model of the thermostat that would do

Its mains.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 15.21.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 15.21.16.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 15.22.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 15.22.23.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 158
You only have two wires so that would indicate that it is battery powered but I cant see where the batteries could go unless the display board oulls forward, did you isolate the power before removing the facia ? did the display go blank when you turned the power off ?

@stem mike and myself have been chatting on PM and all sorted, good that some people on here actually try to help rather than quote crap

Having replaced one only recently I recognized it, so it was easy to identify. I deliberately didn't get involved in the wiring as I could see you both had a useful dialogue going already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back