greenstar new boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I had a greenstar 32cdi boiler fitted around 8 months ago and we have never had any issues, It is fitted in a back bedroom upstairs that we use for students, and it was only when I was cleaning up in there today that I for some reason opened the front of the service door and noticed there was no pressure, It was on zero, I turned up the thermostat and it fired up and the pressure gauge raised up to around 1bar. I have then been downstairs and not noticed a dip in heating but when I went up a minute ago it is back down to zero.
Im sure I would of noticed a catastrophic water leak or something like that. The only thing I can think of is that the power has been turned off in the last couple of days due to building work that has been going on. Any ideas why I have no pressure?

Sponsored Links
Much more likely you have forgotten the advice the installer gave you about checking the pressure each week and topping up the pressure as required.

It also sounds as if the installer did not bother to check the air pressure in the boiler as any conscientious one would.

Tony

I didnt realise it was a weekly check, I always assumed the pressure only went down when there was a leak, but no we were not told to monitor pressure, I have seen a video and it looks fairly straight forward to repressurise using the provided key and internal loop.

Much more likely you have forgotten the advice the installer gave you about checking the pressure each week and topping up the pressure as required.

It also sounds as if the installer did not bother to check the air pressure in the boiler as any conscientious one would.

Tony

WTF!

Sponsored Links
I advise all my customers a PERIODIC check is advisable and one of the first things to check if the boiler stops working is the pressure gauge. It is quite normal for a small drop in pressure after a new boiler has been installed due to fresh water and oxygen in the system but not a regular drop in pressure. But I've never told any of my customers of a weekly check.

And i fit at least three boilers a week and have never checked the air pressure in any of these boilers, unless when i fill and fire it up there's an obvious problem. I do advise the customer to keep an eye on the pressure though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back