Grill in Belling range cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Maybe someone can advise me.

I was using grill in my Belling range cooker and the electricity tripped. After that grill is not turing on.

My question is: Would it be just a matter of replacing the grill or do you think there would be something more sinister fault?

thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a good chance the grill element has failed and shorted hence why your electricity tripped.

However that's a guess without testing you will not be able to know for sure.

Do you have access to a multi meter?

Hi sircerebus666,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a multi meter yet but I will get one soon because I have come to know that it becomes handy in testing electric appliances.

I have not searched yet how I can test the grill element with multi meter.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what tripped & when. If it was an mcb. & it tripped immediately it was switched on then you could possibly be able to test the element was short circuit between live & neutral or to earth ( the casing ) on the resistance setting. If it was the rcd. then you would need to check that it was shorting to earth, again if it was immediate then you could measure between either of the connectors & the element casing for a short circuit but if it is not shorting with a multi meter that does not prove it is ok as it may only break down under load. If it does not trip either breaker anymore when switched on then that would suggest it has blown completely open circuit & needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back