Grohe taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted one themselves?

Swmbo wanted a filter water tap. Then she decided against a separate tap and wanted an integrated one.

We ended up going for the Grohe K7 pure starter kit. The one off Amazon came with a 2-pin plug so i returned it as others had a 3-pin plug. I got another one from somewhere else and it came with 2-pin plug again. Email to customer services and they're posting out the correct plug.

Today, I had a go at fitting it. Thankfully I remembered to buy some 15mm to 3/8 bsp adaptors.

Lovely diagrams that bore little resemblance to the parts that came with the tap. Main issued was the solenoid valve which wasn't in the instructions!

Fitted it all together. Opened the stop valves. Leaks from around the solenoid valve connections. Looked at the instructional videos. They use PTFE tape everywhere. After I did the same, it seems to be working fine.

For a German product, the instructions were shoddy.

[/rant]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back