Ground Floor Shower with 32mm waste

C

cb9002

A mate is converting a small old pub into a house, and wants to put a shower where a urinal used to be, on the ground floor. This gives me two problems:

1. The urinal waste is, strangely, in 32mm pushfit and concreted into the ground. As the shower will be a smallish (8Kw) instantaneous, I'm sure the 32mm pipe will cope with the flow, especially since its only a foot or so long into a larger underground pipe. However, I can't source a 32mm waste anywhere. Does anyone know where to find one, or if there's a better solution than using a 40mm waste, inline reducer, and another length of pipe and bend?

2. The original plan was to bed the tray in mortar. However, it occurs to me that this will make it impossible to access the waste to connect it up. How are trays normally fixed on the ground floor? Raising it on 2x2 will give quite a step up onto the shower.

Thanks

cb9002

Sponsored Links
Regs unfortunately state you have to use 40mm for shower waste, up to you if you want to reduce it further down from the trap but you have been advised.

Is the floor concrete?
Raising it is one option another is to chase out the run connect a small run of pipework and lay on a bed of mortar.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back