GRP roof question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a roofer come and take a look at my roof this weekend and he gave me quote of £420 for a flat roof - approx size 5.5m x 3m. Does this sound reasonable?

He said that the old felt roof does not need to be removed and they are normally just fibreglassed over? Is this true because everything i've read on the Internet suggest the old roof covering is normally removed when installing a GRP roof.

The roofer said once the old stones have been removed and if the surface is flat enough then they just fibreglass over the top. If the roof is not as smooth as required, he would nail on a thin sheet of plywood.

Basically, what I want to know is this correct practice? He said the other companies charge more because of the labour in removing the old felt roof but he insisted this is not necessary.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Claire.

Sponsored Links
Yes, GRP and EPDM roofs, they normally nail some 9mm boarding over and fibreglass/rubber onto it.

Personally I like to things the old fashioned way with proper felt but times are changing.

That price is cheap :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back