Grub Screw Size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what size this cone grub screw is and where I can get one? The bit below the tape is what it screws into.

Lost one somewhere, and need it for a set of lights.

Kind regards

Neil

View media item 54216

Sponsored Links
What component was it lost from, if a junction box, likely quicker/easier to purchase the complete unit.
Hard to say but could be M10 6mm
If you go to a local electrical trade wholesalers, they may have some kicking about, take the terminal with you.

It's from a lighting set from ikea which they have discontinued.

The grub screw pierces the 12v cable and names connection for the lamp. I an see screws cheap enough on ebay but just unsure on size.

Tried ikea, they had none which is a shame as they've been great in the past.

Well as it would be hard to determine size, unless IKEA can offer you that information? Or you have manufacturers information and customer service contact.
Rather than chancing it on ebay and ending up with something that will not do. Pop down to local electrical trade wholesalers with the unit that contains the terminals and they are likely to have something that will do.

Sponsored Links
It looks like an m6 x 1. (basically a 10mm bolt thread) But this seems on the large size. You could try a 10mm bolt and see if the thread is the same. If it is then order the above. It could be m5 x 1mm which is another common size. Slightly smaller than a 10mm head bolt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back