Grub screw in mixer tap?

30 Apr 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking I need to change the cartridge in the bathroom mixer tap. It's very stiff and only runs hot water. I've located the grub screw (I think) but can't make out what sort of key it needs. It appears to be circular as a opposed to e.g. hexagonal. I've tried a couple of allen keys with no luck. Is it possible that it requires a specialist tool of some kind? It's a vitra mixer/lever tap. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Usually allen keys since when fitted access is restricted, you will need the correct size metric key, usually quite tiny, 1-2mm.
Any chance of a photo?
Sponsored Links
20160430_165200.jpg think you may be right on the tiny tiny allen key suggestion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local