Grubby marks on Laundry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A cure for those small grubby black/brown marks on laundry. I know lots of folk have this problem and it is almost certainly from an accumulation of mould in the front rubber seal of the washing machine due to the use of low temperature liquids which contain no bleaching agents. When I finally discovered the source of the problem I cleaned ot the "grooves" in rubber seal with a suitable mould killer containing sodium hypochlorite (use rubber gloves) which took about 1/2 hour and the marks vanished. HID now happy again and we will use a powder with bleaching agent in it at 60 degrees at least once a month to keep the mould at bay.

Sponsored Links
Must add that after doing above job, I was still not completely satisfied and then read an article on Youspares website which suggested another remedy to do every few months if you are just using low temperature washes with no bleaching agents in the stuff you are using in the machine:- Pour about 200 ml bleach the machine in the usual manner (don't forget to close the door first). Wash said bleach in with 500 ml water then set the machine to do a quick wash at 60 degrees or above with no spin and no clothes in it. I did this then checked the rubber door seal afterwards - could not find any traces of mould or other gunk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back