Grundfos CH pump stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Checked the FAQ section but found nowt on this. CH not working ( HW is) and 99.9% certain its the pump. Its a Grunfos and about 25 years old and we get this problem every year when we use it first time. We have a BG contract and the visit is due shortly but they always try to flog you extra cover so I am putting it off for a while.

I know the engineer always gets it to go in about 10 seconds but I can't recall the process. Can you enlighten me and confirm whether system should be on or off at the mains in the airing cupboard etc when you do it. (I also note that there is a little black switch on the pump itself and didn't know whether to switch that off)

Many thanks for your time and expertise as always.

cedrich

Sponsored Links
the little black switch is the speed not on or off.
try turning the speed to three, if this doe'sn't start it.
then remove the silver screw head in the centre of pump and you can see if it's going if not use a flat screwdriver in the hole and turn the spindle.

Thanks

Will try this evening and report results

cedrich

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back