Grundfos circulation pump wont switch off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Grundfos UPS 25-40/60 130 pump is running constantly on downstairs even though the thermostats has been switched off and the boiler. The pump is only used for my UFH downstairs.

I've 2 thermostats 1 upstairs running the heating the other downstairs is for UFH.

Last week I noticed that my boiler ecoTEC plus 837 radiator symbol was staying on and demanding constant heat even though the stat was off.

I turned the pump off from downstairs and the the symbol wasn't showing on the boiler. So with the pump switched off I've been using my heating using the upstairs thermostat and everything working 100%.

So when the pump is switched off from the mains all heating is on except the UFH.

When I want my UFH on I've to switch the pump on from downstairs. Ive noticed that pump is wired up to the thermostat and doesn't need to be demanding heat for the hearing to work.

Is the pump faulty on the electronics side?

The system does not have any valves.

Also should I get a Y or S plan fitted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whatever is controlling your ufh is causing the problem, the pump running and boiler on is just a symptom, can you post a pic of the ufh controller box ?

Hi I have looked where the UFH manifold is placed and I can't find any controller box also looked upstairs where the boiler is and nothing there. This is the picture where UFH is stored and plug socket for the pump. The system was already installed when we moved in 2 years ago and never had a problem with it and was only serviced 5 months ago.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 277
There must be a connection between the ufh and the boiler , any other controls/valves/plastic boxes anywhere?

Sponsored Links
It’s getting a switched live by the sounds of it. Something must be causing it. As per picssso, anything else controlling it?

I can find anything looked upstairs next to the boiler and in the cupboard behind the boiler. Checked where the fuse boxes are and nothing. Ive noticed when you switch the pump off from the mains and thermostat also turns off.

Only fuse boxes and plug socket for pump.
Other pic is wire from the pump going to plug socket.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20201207_114635.jpg
    IMG_20201207_114635.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20201207_114959.jpg
    IMG_20201207_114959.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 222
sorry the pump is connected to the wall socket the one in the picture that is in the off position.

There’s a switched fused connection outlet next to the consumer unit (fuse box) what’s that for?

Yeh Im not sure but going to open it up and see what wires are in there.

Sorry guys what a plonker I might b? I found the control box next to the pump wall socket. It was inside the blank socket to the left.

The pump switched wall socket has got 3 wires going into the control box.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 222
Hi guys I woke up today to find the UFH pump and thermostat to be working correctly. I know there is an intermittant fault somewhere because thinking back I had the same issue with the pump not switching off and calling for the boiler central heating to stay on months ago but I didnt realise. So I guess it will run fine for a while then I will be back to square one. :cry:

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back