Sepearte UFH zone on a Y plan system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a standard Y plan CH system with divertor valve for CH or HW or both etc. I have installed UFH downstairs and this currently has seprate 2 way motorised valve, pump and TRV. It is plumbed into the boiler downstairs and comes on when CH heating is called for, so all rads and UFH heating come on as one zone.

If I were to add a 'UFH room thermostat' to control the on/off of the underfloor heating could I in theroy call for CH at main timer, switch off rads by lowering radiator room thermostat, and switch on UFH pump etc by calling for heat from 'UFH room thermostat' ?

My worry would be that the UFH heating pump etc is behind the main CH pump when you would normally place all the zone valves after the main pump etc..... see pic of my current layout.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
Major Ball Supp... S plan on three circuits required. UFH takes ages to warm up and ages to cool down so should come on independently of the main heating circuit.

OK so I wouldn't exactly say major ball sup or diy cock up as the Y plan was already in place. I can change to S plan if required. I was asking if the independent thermostat control would work so I didn't have to do that??

Sponsored Links
What you have installed will never work properly. Neither will just adding a thermostat.

Yes I installed it like that and it works fine as single zone which is by design. But I now want zones have now started to convert to S plan so I can have multiple zones. Thanks for all the replies although I found more information on a proper plumbing forum.

Yes I installed it like that and it works fine as single zone which is by design. But I now want zones have now started to convert to S plan so I can have multiple zones. Thanks for all the replies although I found more information on a proper plumbing forum.

Fook orf back to your "Proper" forum then !!

Let's hope this 'proper forum' will advise the use of relays when using multiple circulators (pumps).:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back