Grundfos Pump Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted in December but no-one could answer my query.

I have a pump plan set on speed 1 for HW and 2 for CH.

The CH pump makes a very strange noise - a sort of quiet howling? When the HW pump is running too the noise is not too bad but it is very noticeable on CH only.

I tried setting speed of CH to 1 too. My radiators got warm but even tho the HW pump should have kicked in via the timer the hot water did not heat up - the pipe into the cylinder was stone cold.

The data sheet for the pump plan say that NORMALLY speeds should be 1 for HW and higher for CH but it does not say that the speeds cant be the same and it does actually say that if they are both on 3 it will be noisy.

On CH speed 1 it is quiet and seeing as tho the plumber does not know what is causing the noise - I think it is not the pump as such but rather something to do with pressure in the pipes?? - I would like to have it running on 1 but does anyone know why I cant then get HW?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back