Grundfos Selectric Pump Noise - Is It Normal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some excellent help on this forum over the last few weeks, where it was diagnosed that my Grundfos Selectric pump had been installed in the wrong direction in my new house, I have now corrected the flow direction and all appears well.

However, while checking for leaks, I noticed that the central heating pump was making a clicking sound when in operation. Now, it might be that the pump has always made this sound (and was masked by the horrendous previous gurgling), but I cannot recall any previous pumps making this sound.

Again, it might be me paying more attention, but you can actually hear the ticking sound through some of the upstairs radiators. I have bled the system and the pump, but it is still there.

http://www.filedropper.com/img0254

I could do with an expert listing to the sound file and letting me know what you think?

Thanks,

Ash

Sponsored Links
sure its not the sound of water flow moving through at speed.

What speed is the pump on?

Have you balanced the system since you turned the pump round?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The pump is on setting 2.

I've not balanced the system, didn't think of that. Thanks.

Ash

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back