Grundig gfn13810w Freezer Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My freezer just put of warranty is making a noise that i think is the fan, its intermittent and stops when you move the freezer, so its either the fan is faulty or its iced up.

Before i tackle this has anyone experienced this and is the fan easily accessible on this model?

Sponsored Links
That will likely just be something resonating in the freezer, rather than a fault. Our new freezer makes a similar noise, sorted by just nudging the case.
Doubt it, its just started recently and sometime sounds like a helicopter, im gonna switch power off, take food out and look for the facia which covers teh fan and take that off.

Doubt it, its just started recently and sometime sounds like a helicopter

Panels, and similar vibrating, can make lots of strange noises. The fact that it stops when you nudge the freezer, suggests that is all it is, resonance.

Our gas fire, a few minutes after being turned on, then a few minutes after being turned off - makes a very realistic sound of an explosion. It took me a while to work out the cause, just the steel chimney closure panel expanding and contracting, with the heat.

Sponsored Links
Fans in in the bottom of of freezers get a lot of contamination on the blades, it may just be putting the impeller out of balance & causing it to vibrate so worth checking that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back