GSHP which companies?

Sponsored Links
As I stated earlier, we have had installation problems with Nibe heat pumps. Poor English translation in the MIs, PCB & wire link problems. In fact, with the several we have installed, I can't think of one that didn't have a minor fault!!
As for Ecoliving don't even consider them!

ive had nightmares with the danfoss units(diplomat from memory),hard to set up and get running to there best effiecency.

Yes, Danfoss did tell us that their units are now 'wrench monkey proof', so I'm sure you'll not have any problems in the future.

Hi Guys many thanks for all the replies. This weekend is a bit hectic and I will re-read and digest what you have all said.

My one thought though is I agree that many of these companies think it is just klondyke time which does worry me.

I'll get back to you all later if I may.

By the way the architect (who admits knowing very little about this) has spoken to someone whois suggesting ASHP, but my reading suggests that this would be foolhardy?

As I stated earlier, we have had installation problems with Nibe heat pumps. Poor English translation in the MIs, PCB & wire link problems. In fact, with the several we have installed, I can't think of one that didn't have a minor fault!!
As for Ecoliving don't even consider them!

ive had nightmares with the danfoss units(diplomat from memory),hard to set up and get running to there best effiecency.

Yes, Danfoss did tell us that their units are now 'wrench monkey proof', so I'm sure you'll not have any problems in the future.

2 reasons that we´ll not have any issues.

firstly the units are crap so wont fit or recommend them
secondly i aint a wrench monkey. ;)

Sponsored Links
I'd certainly stick with geothermal rather than ASHP. The COP on these ASHP must have been very poor during that last very cold snap!!! I take it you don't have a gas supply near your new build??

What is the size of your new home??

2 reasons that we´ll not have any issues.

firstly the units are crap so wont fit or recommend them
secondly i aint a wrench monkey.........................I'm just yanking your chain Icgs........... :evil:

It's good to hear about the good & bad from someone who has installed a few heat pumps. Don't get me wrong, we have only had install problems with the Nibe and none since.

trouble with the danfos units are that they werent in the market but needed a quick get in.

easiest way buy a company that already has a product,put your name and commercial backing behind it,leap frog the rest.

we fitted them very early on,pretty much as the ink was drying on the takeover. the unit needed at that time a lot of jigging by a big company to get it right.havent looked since the originsl release as the first ones were so bad.

ASHP, this winter might as well have rented a power station.

There are good products out there but theyre for the commercial sector,none of the good ac companies are interested in the domestic side of anything so the products will never improve.

when sanyo,daiken,mitsi put serious money and effort in,it might be worth considereing.

too much hype and expectation, but the reality seems to be a flop.

when sanyo,daiken,mitsi put serious money and effort in,it might be worth considereing.

I can only agree with that statement.

lcgs";p="1509685 said:
uk gshp units arent anywhere near as good as overseas packages.miles away from the scandanavian ones.

In what way?

I really want to do this once and once only and for the system to see me out.... :)

What is the problem with ecoliving? They are the Nibe retailer around here.

i got your email,but im away till tomorrow night.

i´ll send my number then.

lee

Dont know if your aware but iceenergy have just jumped into bed with british gas and are now bgs choice for GSHP installation.

apparently the units supplied are the same that worcester are now using but are rebadged.

We are about to embark on a new build

What construction method are you using?
If its blockwork cavity then consider 150mm

It is as you say with 145mm cavity so not too bad. Think at this time though it is rockwool that is being proposed. I will mention bonded bead but he usually says npt on your budget...:)

Dont know if your aware but iceenergy have just jumped into bed with british gas and are now bgs choice for GSHP installation.

Oh well, they're on a par when it comes to service & after sales, so a match made in heaven............ :LOL: :LOL:

Ecoliving, suffer the same as the rest of them, too many salesmen(ex-car) & not enough technical back-up. Remember, most of these companies have no heating or engineering background.

I have a Nibe 1145 8kw and underfloor heating installed in a property of 250 square metres. The brine pump died while it was being commissioned in May but has run OK since.

Setting up correctly is crucial and needs to be done over time, which the installation company can't be expected to do as it would require a number of visits, so I have been trying to get Nibe to setup a training course for users who have a good understanding of electronic equipment. Not much hope though. My background is large computer systems so a heat pump isn't that much of a big deal once you can get the information.

The manuals are poor and don't explain what many of the settings are for, or how to set the correct heat curve. The manuals are also badly translated in some areas and don't have the information that some of the competitors have, such as explaining heat curves and degree minutes.

There is a bug in the auxiliary output for an external heating circulation pump, which Nibe are looking into. I can give more detail if anyone is interested.

The company I used to install the GSHP and the underfloor heating was Encompas in Cumbria. They made a a very neat job of the installation and the technical guys are very helpful, although the distance could be an issue if there is a fault.

I have a Nibe engineer coming to see me tomorrow to discuss all the finer points of the settings so may have more information later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back