GSHP sizing

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi everyone!
I would like to get an opinion about ground source heat pumps (brine to water).
Model: (link removed)
I have a small house only 100 sqm (roughly 1.000 sqft) with 2.5 m (8.5 ft) inner height, 10 cm (4") of wall insulation, 10 cm (4") roof insulation and triple glazing (0.74 W/m2K).
Location is Carpathian mountains, average -10C (14F) in the winter with extremes of -30C (-22F) and average +20 C (68 F) in the summer with extremes of +35C (95F)

The 2 options I was quoted with are Nibe F1245-6 and Nibe 1245-8.
The difference between to two is that one has 6kW of heating performance and the other has 8 kW.
According to the manufacturer's own website for the heating of 1000 sqft the F1245-6 heat pump is sufficient. But in the same message they showed that the F1245-8 (the slightly bigger version) has better energy efficiency (see attached documents).
My own research showed that it is not recommended to oversize the ground source heat pump, but the manufacturer's data gives overall better energy efficiency with the over sized version of the pump. They state that the higher efficiency is due to the larger heat exchanger installed in the F1245-8 version.
Energy consumption is 5.038 kWh/year with the smaller F1245-6 vs 4868 kWh/year with the bigger F1245-8.

Due to company policy the price of the 2 pumps is the same if I order it in March.

Can I get some thoughts on this matter, please? Which one should I buy?

Many thanks,
Zoard

Romania

Attachments

• energy calculation NIBE F1245-6.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • energy calculation NIBE F1245-8.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back