GU10 Led bulb recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need 16 led gu10 bulbs equivalent to 50w for the kitchen.

There seems to be a huge choice. Should I buy ones with SMD or do the yellow bits look strange. Should I have a glass cover if I go for SMD?

They are to go in satin chrome down lighters and would like them to look as unobtrusive as possible.

Hopefully someone can suggest one which is around the £3-£4 mark?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The LAP ones from screwfix seam fine to me.

They are SMD and are bit more expensive that you request. £5?

You don't need a glass cover, and you shouldn't be looking up at them anyway.

Thanks. Do you know what colour would be best for a kitchen. I assume the 4w will be ok with lots of SMDs and a wide beam angle?

Sponsored Links
SMD = Surface Mounted Device

SMD does not mean the lamp is better than non SMD, it can mean the opposite

Surface mounted devices are soldered to a printed circuit board ( PCB ) without leads through holes in the PCB and as such have less ability to dissapate the heat generated in the LED elements.

SMD technology was developed to be able to get more components onto a smaller PCB by removing the need for holes in the PCB.

It is not unknown for overheating devices to unsolder themselves from the PCB

colour is down to personal preference. warm white is the nearest to traditional lighting, daylight is whiter and shows colours better but is too harsh for some people. cool white is very blue looking and to me looks very stark.
we have warm white in the kitchen and daylight in the bathrooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back