Guess the connector! (Trying to identify a connector for single core cables)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My cctv installer extended a cat5 cable using some connectors. Please can you help me identify them.

He used on connector for each core.

From memory, the connector is a disc approximately 5mm across. Its sort of milky white, but amber towards the middle. It appears to be a permanent solution because he put it in a place that's not really accessible. I also didn't see any way to 'open' the connector. The two wires enter the disc at the edge on one side.

I'm hoping these things might be familiar enough to alarm or cctv installers that you'll be able to recognise it from the description.
It'll be a pain to try and take a photo.

Sponsored Links
56ECC62B-6D19-4688-94D3-96886354021C.png
Jelly crimps

And the winner is @sparkymarka :D:D

I've gone and driven a screw through my main bundle of cat6 cables and have nicked 4 of them. Having tested with one of those cat cable testers, I know that I have severed one core in one of the cables (haven't tested the other three cables yet)

Would these be the best way to repair damage? Logic being that I wouldn't have to cut the rest of the cores in a cable in order to do the fix, hopefully retaining as much performance in the cable as possible. These cables are being used for my gigabit ethernet network.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Inline crimp it is then. Thankfully only the one cable got knackered even though the screw went through 4 of them - must have pushed the twisted pairs out of the way as it went through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back