Guideline on price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

There is a 15 M fence in my garden on its last legs. It’s about 7ft tall but would replace with 6FT.

Guy just told me these days that would be 4.5k which I think is ridiculous. He said it was cost of wood .

I just priced materials online and it would be no more than £1200 even not buying the cheapest everything.

Am I missing something here? It’s plenty of work but at that price I would happily spend a week off work putting it up. Surely a 15M fence can’t be that much? A 1.83x1.83M panel is about £50. That’s 8 panels basically. Posts about 25 which is another £200. Plus concrete….pretty simple job I could do.

Any comments on this?

Sponsored Links
Presumably it requires removing the old fence posts too etc? Or can the new posts be staggered in between the old ones? There's disposal costs too but that would be about £200 or so with a rubbish collection bloke. Get some other quotes, see what they say. Or do you have to take a week off? Say doing a single fence post per evening is less daunting if time permits.

Is that another quote from WTF Fencing .... and only £300 per metre ?? what's wrong with you man, snap his hand off quick before the "Easter Special" ends !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back