GumTree Advertising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All, has anybody, or still is. ever advertised on gumtree? if so is it worth it? or not worth it?

Sponsored Links
Used it twice, once a few years ago, sold item within hours. More recently without success, so not sure if it is still as popular as it used to be.

I've used it a dozen or so times successfully over the last couple of years, albeit for items worth <~£40.

used it a few times, and my son used recently
just be aware - lots of scams .... so you will probably get an email - text , along the lines of we want the item, but cannot collect and will send a courier

Sponsored Links
Hello All, has anybody, or still is. ever advertised on gumtree? if so is it worth it? or not worth it?

I've used it a few times, it only works for items over a worthwhile value, because buyers have to pay gumtree, to be able to respond to your ad. Free of cost, and perhaps better is Facebook market - but watch out for the scammers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back