Gurgling in a Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had an external expansion vessel fitted for our boiler, along with a couple of radiator valve replacements - for which the system needed draining an refilling.

I happened to poke my head into the airing cupboard the other day when the HW was operational and heard gurgling. As I can't see any leaks, and the PRV is completely dry (recharged the air gap in January), I'm assuming that the sound is caused by the presence of air from the refilling - unless anyone else can suggest a reason.

I've checked the radiators, and apart from a little air in one, they seem fine. If the air is trapped within the circulation for the Megaflo, how do I get rid of it. There's a air release valve, but I don't want to go playing with it unless necessary.

Any suggetions would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
There should be an air valve at high level to let any air out of the primary pipes in the cylinder cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back